Mother’s day is one of the most special event because the hard work of mothers are truly incomparable and will remain unpaid no matter how hard you try to pay them back. One way to say thank you to your dear moms is to make them a special hand crafted material which they can keep for the rest of their lives. Candy gift box crafts are one of the most common one which is very easy to make too. You can ask your siblings to help you out in making the candy box just make sure you guide them accordingly since you will be using risky materials such as glue and scissors.
A candy gift box can be used for different types of occasions. It is also a nice idea for a birthday gift, baby shower, party favour and even just a simple token of appreciation. You don’t have to worry because the candy box is very easy to make and all materials you will need can be easily found from local shops. You will only need few simple things aside from the sweets you need to put inside the box. Here are some simple ways to make candy gift box craft at home:
1. You need to start by measuring and cutting the card stock to come up with an 8.5 by 5.5 inch sheet of paper. Set aside the scrap and place your card stock to represent the width. The pattern on the card stick should be facing you.
2. Get a ruler and measure the inches of the card from left to right. Make a park on the card stick, draw lines from top to bottom. Don’t make your pencil marks too dark because it will ruin the card stock.
3. Mark your card stick 2 inches from the left side. The line should cross the four lines you previously measured and marked.
4. Using a cutter, cut the card stock on each of the 4 vertical scores from bottom of the sheet up to the horizontal line.
5. Next step will be folding, gluing and filling
6. Fold the card stock along each of the scores, both the length and width. Fold in only one direction than folding back and forth on each score.
7. Flip card so the pattern will be away from you. The missing flap should be on the lower left side.
8. Bend on the flap towards you and place adhesives.Now you are done with the candy gift box crafts for your mom, what you need to do is to shop for candies and sweets she loves to munch and put it inside the box. It can be a challenging task to look for your mom’s favourite candies and chocolates or crackers. It will be nice to ask your dad too if he knows something your mom loves to eat. For sure he can help you with this concern. Crafting is truly a nice and memorable activity both for kids and for parents. Always make it a point to share precious activities with kids because they will be able to learn a lot from it.